Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ritwik Kumar <ri...@kuliza.com> on 2008/01/09 07:27:11 UTC

To Convert Back to PPT from XML

Hello ,

	Presently in HSLF we have a Class PPTXMLDump which converts the
Presentation to XML... well this is very handy when you need to store the
Data of PPTs in an organized manner.

	But I think the functionality of the above class can more widely be
used if we also have a method to convert back PPT from the generated XML
file.

Re: To Convert Back to PPT from XML

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Ritwik Kumar wrote:
> Presently in HSLF we have a Class PPTXMLDump which converts the
> Presentation to XML... well this is very handy when you need to store
> the Data of PPTs in an organized manner.

It was more designed for developer use than end users, as it is very
linked to the underlying structure, but if it works for you... :)

> But I think the functionality of the above class can more widely be used
> if we also have a method to convert back PPT from the generated XML
> file.

I don't think we have all the data we might need though. Since it was
developed with hslf hacking in mind, we don't bother to write everything
out, only the bits that are likely to matter when figuring out how the
file format works. So, it'd almost certainly be a lot of work to get it
into a state where it wrote everything out, then you'd need to read it all
back in and re-create all the records...

Nick