Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/22 04:08:16 UTC

Creating jar for RMI client

I'm working on a older app which is an RMI server and client.  The client application needs interface classes and stub classes from the server and previously we did this with ANT just pulling out the classes we needed. I can't figure out how to do with with Maven though. Basically I need to create an rmi client jar that's just a subset of the server jar.  How can I do this?

Re: Creating jar for RMI client

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Michael Remijan wrote at Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009 04:08:

> I'm working on a older app which is an RMI server and client.  The client
> application needs interface classes and stub classes from the server and
> previously we did this with ANT just pulling out the classes we needed. I
> can't figure out how to do with with Maven though. Basically I need to
> create an rmi client jar that's just a subset of the server jar.  How can
> I do this?

Define an execution block for the jar-plugin and use an own configuration
within this block (See plugin docs for settings). Don't forget to set the
classifier though.

- Jörg

Re: Creating jar for RMI client

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I believe someone did send you a link already!?
The info is in the plugin docs:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/usage.html
look for "How to create an additional attached jar artifact from the
project"
/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.