Posted to users@camel.apache.org by vss123 <vs...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/10 12:01:42 UTC

Log processor loses message

Hi,When we use log EIP with http, we observe a strange behaviour. The body of
the message is getting lost after it does logging.
public class LogTest extends CamelTestSupport {    @Override    protected
RouteBuilder createRouteBuilder() throws Exception {        return new
RouteBuilder() {            @Override            public void configure()
throws Exception {                from("direct:testEndpoint")
.to("http://google.co.in")                        .log("The response body:
${body}")                        .log("The response body again: ${body}");
}        };    }    @Test    public void testLogEip() throws Exception {
template.sendBody("direct:testEndpoint", null);    }}
When we run the test, we observe 'The response body again' does not have any
body logged.
Ideas?
Test file:  LogTest.java
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735417/LogTest.java>

Re: Log processor loses message

Posted by vss123 <vs...@gmail.com>.
Oops.. right..

Thank you :)

Re: Log processor loses message

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See this FAQ
http://camel.apache.org/why-is-my-message-body-empty.html

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM, vss123 <vs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,When we use log EIP with http, we observe a strange behaviour. The body of
> the message is getting lost after it does logging.
> public class LogTest extends CamelTestSupport {    @Override    protected
> RouteBuilder createRouteBuilder() throws Exception {        return new
> RouteBuilder() {            @Override            public void configure()
> throws Exception {                from("direct:testEndpoint")
> .to("http://google.co.in")                        .log("The response body:
> ${body}")                        .log("The response body again: ${body}");
> }        };    }    @Test    public void testLogEip() throws Exception {
> template.sendBody("direct:testEndpoint", null);    }}
> When we run the test, we observe 'The response body again' does not have any
> body logged.
> Ideas?
> Test file:  LogTest.java
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735417/LogTest.java>