Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by To Toan Thang <tt...@cxf.co.jp> on 2001/12/03 10:30:43 UTC

Create new user, confirmation email problem

Hi,
I'm using Jetspeed 1.3a1 and unable to create new user because no
confirmation email would be sent to user's mailbox.
I found that in order to send an email using JavaMail, a mail session must
be initialized with a variable mail.smtp.host set to the SMTP server's
address, but Turbine 2.1 use variable mail.host instead (specified in
org.apache.turbine.util.mail.Email). After correct this issue, by rewriting
Email & SimpleEmail classes in Turbine and forcing Jetspeed use the news
ones, our system works well.

This is not perfect solution anyway, is it? Was this issue fixed in new
Turbine or JavaMail package?
Any suggestions would be welcomed, ;)
Toan Thang

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, right..

Frans

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jetspeed/nightly/2001-12-02/jetspeed-1.3a2-dev-war.zip

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by To Toan Thang <tt...@cxf.co.jp>.
Paul,
I prefer to wait for the next release. Will it come soon?
By the way, could anyone tell me why Jetspeed did not allow to use different
psml file for each screen? It's no necessary or will be permitted with a new
profiler service in the next release?

Thanks a lot,
Toan Thang

This is a know problem in 1.3a1.  Suggest you download 1.3a2-dev from
the nightly build.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Toan,