Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2014/02/13 03:29:35 UTC

First pass done

I've done the first pass through the CFP ratings, and made the
appropriate Yes/No designations on http://tm3.org/cfpreview

There's still quite a bit of work to do, since there's still a LOT of
talks that are marked "Maybe".

Here's a few things I can use help with:

1) Identify tracks that are "done" - Science, httpd, committers, and
possibly some others look like they might be in this category. For
these, copy those talks over into the http://tm3.org/actracks
spreadsheet. Not terribly concerned about talk order at this point, but
if you want to do that, that's fine. Logical order, and avoiding
back-to-back by the same speaker are goals.

2) If a track is oversubscribed (tracks hold six talks) contact the PMC
or some other content matter expert to see if they can agree on what
should be dropped. (See Tomcat for example - perhaps the speakers that
have lots of talks in there can duke it out amongst themselves?)

3) If a track is undersubscribed, we can probably fill in with content
from the Uncategorized tab. See if something fits, and slot it in.

4) There's still a LOT of talks that are Maybe. See if you can find some
folks to review those ones to tip the scales one way or another.

Thanks for everyone who has been so helpful so far. We're almost done
with the content selection.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon