Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Coote, Tim" <Ti...@capgemini.co.uk> on 2000/08/22 23:34:51 UTC

bootstrap challenge jdk 1.3 - help and guidance sought

Hi there

did I get this wrong? I downloaded Tomcat and Ant onto Redhat Linux 6.1 with
IBM's jdk1.3.
- I tried to bootstrap.sh Ant: it failed -  needs a jdk 1.2 or earlier to
bootstrap
- I removed the Classic Compiler code
- I tried to bootstrap again - failed again: mkdir nor known (I don't have
the complete error message here, unfortunately).

Am I about to go down a rathole trying to debug something that is not meant
to work? should I install an earlier jdk to bootstrap?

tia
tc