Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Aladin Dajani <al...@hotmail.com> on 2012/04/20 13:04:54 UTC

James unable to connect to gmail

Hello;I have a web app which sends email notifications. During development I successfully sent the notifications by connecting my mail client to gmail mailserver and it worked without a hitch.Now I need to use a local mail server so I installed Apache James and reconfigured my web app to use James as the mail server.On the client side, the message is sent and no errors are reported.
James, however, fails to contact the recipient's mail server to deliver the message (for this example, I was trying to send a message to myaddress@gmail):smtpserver log:19/04/12 20:11:13 INFO smtpserver: Successfully spooled mail Mail1334880673507-0 from notification@myserver.com on 127.0.0.1 for [myaddress@gmail.com]
mailet log:19/04/12 20:10:01 INFO James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Attempting delivery of Mail1334801593534-1-to-gmail.com to host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. at 173.194.73.26 for addresses [myaddress@gmail.com]19/04/12 20:10:22 INFO James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Could not connect to SMTP host: 173.194.73.26=2C port: 25 :
James configuration is default except for the DNS server section. What should I be looking at to fix this?Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Re: James unable to connect to gmail

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Good.
Eric