Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2012/07/02 08:42:27 UTC

deltaspike-0.3-incubating - final review and cleanup before releasing

Hi!

What about planing a release in ~2 weeks?
We shall do a review of the new/existing parts and cleanup stuff we know to not be perfect.

* JPA module. We had a few discussions about how to split those functionality and if we shall add new features now. E.g. a XaPersistenceStrategy.

* configuration: core really looks good, I just like to review/drop the 'eager' in the annotation.

* messaging. 95% fine. Might still need a few tweaks. Especially the Configuration of the fluent api.

* security: I did no review yet. Shane, Jason, Bolek, others: the work you did so far, is this already better than what we have? Do you need some help?

* CMS and documentation: CMS exists now, but it looks utterly ugly as I have not much CSS foo. I try to sit together with one of our design and UI guys to improve this the next days. We should already be able to fill info though.

LieGrue,
strub

AW: deltaspike-0.3-incubating - final review and cleanup before releasing

Posted by Arne Limburg <ar...@openknowledge.de>.
Hi Mark,

I can take a look at the XA stuff this week, so that we can add that feature in the next release.
For me a release in two weeks is fine.

Cheers,
Arne

Re: deltaspike-0.3-incubating - final review and cleanup before releasing

Posted by Shane Bryzak <sb...@redhat.com>.
On 02/07/12 16:42, Mark Struberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What about planing a release in ~2 weeks?
> We shall do a review of the new/existing parts and cleanup stuff we know to not be perfect.
>
> * JPA module. We had a few discussions about how to split those functionality and if we shall add new features now. E.g. a XaPersistenceStrategy.
>
> * configuration: core really looks good, I just like to review/drop the 'eager' in the annotation.
>
> * messaging. 95% fine. Might still need a few tweaks. Especially the Configuration of the fluent api.
>
> * security: I did no review yet. Shane, Jason, Bolek, others: the work you did so far, is this already better than what we have? Do you need some help?

The new security features won't be ready for a release in just 2 weeks.
I'd like to start off another round of security module discussions
towards the end of this week, by then I should have a lot of the
prototype code (based on the discussions we had earlier on the mailing
list) looking more complete-ish which will give us something more
concrete to review and discuss/pick apart.