Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au> on 2005/04/05 12:29:54 UTC

A first check of SVN 1.1.4....

Greetings from Au...
Just running the Metrowerks CodeWarrior passed the newly released 1.1.4
to build for the NetWare platform on a Win box, and got the following
error building svndumpfilter...

at line 694 in main.c
   SVN_ERR (svn_stream_write (nb->rb->pb->out_stream, "\n\n", &len));
                                                                ^
illegal implied conversion from 'int *' to 'unsigned int *'

Changing line 683 from:
   int len = 2;
to:
   apr_size_t len = 2;

cures the issue and the build goes to completion. Still working on some
'issues' with the Apache modules, but more of that tomorrow if needed.

I also note a few of the following hex sequences in the few source code
files I've looked at so far...

0D OA 0D 0A 0C 0D 0A

Someone's editor need a tweak perhaps? Apologies for the lack of a patch
but the 'unusual' line endings are throwing the diff tool off.

Regards,
Norm

Re: A first check of SVN 1.1.4....

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
NormW wrote:
> Greetings from Au...
> Just running the Metrowerks CodeWarrior passed the newly released 1.1.4
> to build for the NetWare platform on a Win box, and got the following
> error building svndumpfilter...
>
> at line 694 in main.c
>   SVN_ERR (svn_stream_write (nb->rb->pb->out_stream, "\n\n", &len));
>                                                                ^
> illegal implied conversion from 'int *' to 'unsigned int *'
>
> Changing line 683 from:
>   int len = 2;
> to:
>   apr_size_t len = 2;
>
> cures the issue and the build goes to completion.

Thanks for the report. Was already fixed on trunk, but got overlooked for
1.1.4.
Nominated for 1.1.5.

Max.

Re: A first check of SVN 1.1.4....

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au> writes:

> I also note a few of the following hex sequences in the few source
> code files I've looked at so far...
>
> 0D OA 0D 0A 0C 0D 0A
>
> Someone's editor need a tweak perhaps? Apologies for the lack of a
> patch but the 'unusual' line endings are throwing the diff tool off.

CR+LF, CR+LF, FF, CR+LF.

There are three extremely "usual" newlines in that segment, two before
and one after an intentionally placed "Control-L" formfeed character.
Have you a diff tool that can't deal with this?