Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org> on 2001/06/11 14:33:12 UTC

more questions

One of the problems I'm having with <template:include/> and probably
more with the XML nature of JSP is that <html:XXX> form elements
have to be within <html:form></html:form> tags, and no in an include
used by <template:include/>.

I have common components that different forms use, but have to do
either a cut-n-paste(tm) or use <%@ include ... %> instead?

Any thoughts?

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML

Re: more questions

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Hi,

    I think that inserting Components or Templates using <html:xxx>
within  <html:form></html:form> should work.
  For this to be possible, <html:XXX> tags should use request context
rather than  page context to store/pass bean. I have read in previous
mails that all <html:xxx> tags are in the process to be changed in order
to use request context. May be some are not fully changed, or may be you
use an old Struts library ?

    Cedric