Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by David Aronchick <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 02:16:05 UTC

Re: Issue when node goes away?

That is a GREAT lead! So it looks like I can't add a few nodes to the
cluster of the new version, have it settle down, and then upgrade the rest?

Re: Issue when node goes away?

Posted by David Aronchick <ar...@gmail.com>.
I understand - I was actually trying to use the containerized Cassandra, so
upgrading in place doesn't make sense.

I guess I'll wait until that's better supported.

Re: Issue when node goes away?

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com> wrote:

> Adding new nodes of a different version is asking for trouble, as others
> have said.  I don't know if this particular version bump would expect any
> issues, but why risk it?  If you want to upgrade, do it to the nodes in
> place.  Don't bootstrap new nodes, don't run repair, don't remove nodes.
> My 2 cents.

If someone else adds in a penny, we'll have a nickle. :D

=Rob

Re: Issue when node goes away?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Re: Issue when node goes away?