Posted to user@hive.apache.org by jo...@accenture.com on 2011/05/25 23:06:17 UTC

Multiple Hive queries at once

Hi everyone,
I couldn't find this information anywhere.  I would like to confirm that Hive query cannot be concurrent.  Is it true that you can only run one hive query on a hive server at any one given time?

Thanks
Jon

RE: Multiple Hive queries at once

Posted by Steven Wong <sw...@netflix.com>.
There are jiras saying that Hive Server has issues with concurrent queries, such as HIVE-80 and HIVE-1019. (Hive Server, not Hive CLI.) I don't use Hive Server heavily, so I cannot confirm or deny.

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.