Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Peter Neubauer <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/23 19:29:54 UTC

Re: Java Jabber Server

Hi there,
On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I have the port to Plexus in a tree and I'm sure alag would be fine
> with it coming along here.

Yes, i got that impression too. Guess Alag has no cycles to spare on
this and it seems a Apache IM server would be great. Then, does this
relate to the Eclipse Communication Framework somehow (which of course
uses OSGi as the underlying component model)?

I would be interested in participating in a XMPP project, especially
checking out the implications of that for mobile-to-mobile
communication and streaming between XMPP peers.

/peter

Re: Java Jabber Server

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 23 Dec 07, at 10:29 AM 23 Dec 07, Peter Neubauer wrote:

> Hi there,
> On Oct 31, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> I have the port to Plexus in a tree and I'm sure alag would be fine
>> with it coming along here.
>>
> Yes, i got that impression too. Guess Alag has no cycles to spare on
> this and it seems a Apache IM server would be great. Then, does this
> relate to the Eclipse Communication Framework somehow (which of
> course uses OSGi as the underlying component model)?

Not sure if ECF has a server, but they most certainly can tie into any
existing server infrastructure. But this variant of the IM server is
set of Plexus components, as they were once a set of Phoenix components.

> I would be interested in participating in a XMPP project, especially
> checking out the implications of that for mobile-to-mobile
> communication and streaming between XMPP peers.
>
> /peter

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people
can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

-- Paul Graham