Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc> on 2006/09/04 13:57:28 UTC

Latest surefire plugin failure

I have just fired up maven to run some tests today and it triggered a
large downloading of updated plugins.
I am now getting a null pointer exception from surefire.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/surefire/util/UrlUtils
        at
        org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.createClassLoader(SurefireBooter.java:599)
        at
        org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.getTestClassLoader(SurefireBooter.java:569)
        at
        org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:250)
        at
        org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:807)

Is this a known issue?

Re: Latest surefire plugin failure

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
Upon reinspecting my POM I have noticed we had left in the
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/ repository from when
we were trialing the JIRA plugin.

Thanks for the tip about pluginManagement.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fwd: Latest surefire plugin failure

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It's fixed now. surefire-api snapshot wasn't deployed.

Emmanuel