Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Vidyasagar Venkata Nallapati <vi...@onmobile.com> on 2010/02/22 08:13:29 UTC

Error while starting hive

Hi,

While starting hive I am still getting an error, attached are the hadoop env and hive-ste I am using

phoenix@ph1:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist$ bin/hive
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf
        ... 3 more

Regards
Vidya

________________________________
DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Further, this e-mail may contain viruses and all reasonable precaution to minimize the risk arising there from is taken by OnMobile. OnMobile is not liable for any damage sustained by you as a result of any virus in this e-mail. All applicable virus checks should be carried out by you before opening this e-mail or any attachment thereto.
Thank you - OnMobile Global Limited.

Re: Error while starting hive

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/master/hadoop/json.jar:/master/hadoop/hbase-0.20.2/hbase-0.20.2.jar:/master/hadoop/hbase-0.20.2/lib/zookeeper-3.2.1.jar:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/*.jar:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/conf/

should be:

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/master/hadoop/json.jar:/master/hadoop/hbase-0.20.2/hbase-0.20.2.jar:/master/hadoop/hbase-0.20.2/lib/zookeeper-3.2.1.jar:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/lib/*.jar:/master/hadoop/hive/build/dist/conf/:$HADOOP_CLASSPATH

Zheng

--
Yours,
Zheng