Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Shlomi Hazan <sh...@viber.com> on 2017/02/26 10:18:53 UTC

2.8.1 release and LOG4J2-1804

Hi guys,

The broken rolling file appender - LOG4J2-1804 (sorry for duplicating it
with LOG4J2-1821)
has a very wide effect on our log collection across many servers,
and it would be a great deal of effort to update and test all the
configuration files to walk around the issue.

My question is - how fast can users expect a 2.8.1 fix version to be GA?
I need to know that to decide how to handle the situation before the code
goes into production.

I saw Dr. David Akehurst asking for a version as well for LOG4J2-1799,
and seeing Ralph's (Goers) response I understand that you guys cant just
pop a version for every bug fix,
but the rolling appender issue is really breaking a very fundamental
logging behavior,
so I must be in a rather large group of users affected.
As a matter of fact - any user that happened to use a rolling pattern that
does not prepend the '%i' with a dash.

Anyway, I hope it's not our of the question for you guys to be able to kick
out a version within like a week or so,
but if that is not the case just let us know.

Appreciate your work,
Shlomi

Re: 2.8.1 release and LOG4J2-1804

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
After a release candidate is created, it's up for review for at least 72
hours to be voted on. After that, if there are no issues with the release
candidate, that candidate is promoted to Maven Central (which can take up
to a day to fully mirror across all of Maven Central) and made available to
download from apache.org.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: 2.8.1 release and LOG4J2-1804

Posted by Shlomi Hazan <sh...@viber.com>.