Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Fabian Alenius <fa...@spotify.com> on 2012/07/03 00:10:36 UTC

Read avro record from HDFS

Hi,

does anyone happen to have a sample of how to load a avro record from HDFS
given a location. In my case the schema is just "binary".

I'm working on a custom loader and I've been playing around with the avro
API, but so far no luck.

Thanks,

Fabian

Re: Read avro record from HDFS

Posted by Fabian Alenius <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm stuck with pig 0.9.2 so I'm looking for an example in Java.

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.