Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 00:35:52 UTC

code review and some requests

I've started looking at some of the files in the dtu and I have some
questions:

asyncsocketex.h and clientsocket.h each contain some class declarations
that sound very familiar, CAsyncSocketEx and CClientSocket, so I googled
them... and got many hits.   Are these original files or were they
pulled from another project?

dtunit.h includes a file jmutex.h... where does jmutex.h come from?

I have similar question on multiple files and it is just not feasible
for me to review each file in this level of detail..

Before I spend more time doing code review, I would like to see several
things:

0) A full accounting of all bluesky code that was pulled from other
projects.

It is not wrong to pull code from other projects to include in bluesky,
provided the other project license allow you to do so. However, we MUST
ALWAYS give proper attribution to any code we copy into bluesky.  The
original author's copyright statements must NOT be removed and we must
also capture that copyright statement in the LICENSE file that will be
distributed with bluesky. Here is the license file that is distributed
with Apache HTTP Server:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/LICENSE

Scroll down into the LICENSE file, and you will discover many copyright
statements from other projects for code that Apache HTTP Server is using.

If bluesky uses code from other projects, we must clearly identify the
code and include the copyright statements in the LICENSE file, just as
the Apache HTTP Server project has done.

1) the bluesky team should identify each external library needed to
build and run each bluesky component (dtu, student, teacher and tserver)

For each external library, please report a) the name of the library b)
brief description of the service the library provides c) how it links
into bluesky (static at build time or dynamic at runtime) and also d)
the license of the library. Updating this link for each bluesky
component would be good:

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/files/html/lib_support.html

2) Instructions on how to build each component.

3) Instructions on how to get bluesky running (a demo)

I need Steps 0-2 completed before I can conduct more code reviews.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks
Bill

Re: code review and some requests

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bill:
    we've done 0-2 steps. And recording of the demo of Bluesky is on going.
What should we do next to accelerate the process of commiting the code?

Regards,
  Kevin

--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Re: code review and some requests

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bill:
   1 and 2 questions will be finished in one week. We could fasten steps if
you think we are too slow.

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bernd:
     Thank you, i guess i fully understand now.  I am also anticipating that
day we could solve all the problems and sit down, instead of drinking beer,
have some tea.^_^

regards
    Kevin

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Wed 11 Mar 2009 15:23, Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron:
>     Thank you. i really appriciate what you've said and the help you've
> given us.
>     “加油” is good, but “多可以” is not that suitable, it should be “都可以”。 “多”
> means many, “都” means both or all。

Oops.  My Chinese literacy has become quite embarrassing.  I promise
I'll do better if engaged in an actual conversation. :-)

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron:
    Thank you. i really appriciate what you've said and the help you've
given us.
    �����͡� is good�� but ������ԡ� is not that suitable, it should be �������ԡ��� ���ࡱ
means many�� ������ means both or all��
regards
    Kevin

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bernd:
[...]

  Regards
       Kevin

Posted by Samul Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Luciano:
     Thanks for your kindness suggestion^_^ , but i guess we won't bother
you to do that.

regards
     Kevin

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.