Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2007/01/11 20:41:42 UTC

[commons-httpclient] 1.x vs. 3.x

Hi,

I'm using commons-httpclient 3.0.2 successfully on a new project that I'm working on.  However, at the moment I'm having to enhance an old project that is dependent on commons-httpclient 1.x.  Can someone tell me what functionality is not available at 1.x.

- I assume http 1.0 is only supported, not http 1.1.
- basic auth seems to be supported... any sample code?
- proxy auth? ... any sample code?
- configure socket timeout... do I need to create my own socket to do this?
- setting arbitrary http headers... postMethod.setHeader(name, value).

Sorry to bring up the past!

Thanks for any assistance.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.