Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arunan Sugunakumar <ar...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2018/06/17 05:24:18 UTC

Achieving AutoComplete feature using Solrj client

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a system which had an older version of Lucene
library. I want to implement AutoCompletion feature using solrj client. In
the earlier version they have used IndexSearcher class of lucene to do
that. Is there any similar way to achieve it using solrj?

I basically want to type a field's name and it should give me suggestions
as a dropdown in my webpage.

Thanks in Advance.

Arunan

Re: Achieving AutoComplete feature using Solrj client

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Indeed, you first configure it in the solrconfig.xml ( manually).

Then you can query and parse the response as you like with the SolrJ client
library.

Cheers

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: Achieving AutoComplete feature using Solrj client

Posted by Arunan Sugunakumar <ar...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi,

Thank you for your help. As far as I understood, I cannot configure and
enable the suggester through solrj client. The configuration should be done
manually.

Arunan