Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru> on 2005/04/07 18:23:15 UTC

Re: LDAPAccreditableManager

Friday, March 25, 2005, 8:48:35 PM, qmax@mediasoft.ru wrote:

q> I wish to store all users and groups in LDAP,
q> there's no documentation on this, so please correct me
q> on how all this stuff works.

The question is what is lifetime of objects User and especially Group ?

Using ldap i chould not rely that users/groups are constant during
lenya operations and even user session,
so i could not just load all groups membership on initialization.
(Althoug existant implementation of LDAPUser extends AbstractGroupable
which behaves this way.)

I could think that Users and Groups objects exist only when user logs in -
for calculation of all assigned roles, which are then stored in session.
After this all User/Group objects are destroyed and no more used.
In this case i could use org.apache.lenya.ac.impl.
In other case i should reimplement all required interfaces to perform
ldap requests each time.
Although I could not cleanly imagine how stuff works in latter case.

--
 qMax