Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Hitchins <al...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/03/28 18:46:58 UTC

VMWare Compilation Issue

All,

Sorry to pester you all again with my woes.

I'm getting the following issues trying to build nonredist on 4.3.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project cloud-vmware-base: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/alex/code/cloudstack/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/util/VmwareClient.java:[36,23] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class InvalidCollectorVersionFaultMsg
[ERROR] location: package com.vmware.vim25
[ERROR] /home/alex/code/cloudstack/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/util/VmwareClient.java:[37,23] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class InvalidPropertyFaultMsg
[ERROR] location: package com.vmware.vim25
[ERROR] /home/alex/code/cloudstack/vmware-base/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/vmware/util/VmwareClient.java:[49,23] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class RuntimeFaultFaultMsg
[ERROR] location: package com.vmware.vim25

Full lot can be seen here : https://gist.github.com/alexhitchins/9838526

I've checked and I have in .m2/repositories/ the vmware 5.1 jars.

Alex

.

Our CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the best 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: VMWare Compilation Issue

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Make sure that hostname is defined in etc hosts. This should take care
of errors with tests.

Regards
ilya

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.