Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jacob Vennervald Madsen <jv...@gopinocchio.com> on 2002/01/08 22:35:23 UTC

Turbine TDK on linux and postgres

Hi List

I've been trying to set up Turbine TDK on a linux RedHat 7.2 machine
with postgresql installed.
I've tried to follow the postgresql-HOWTO and I've tried to search the
archives of this mailing list but the Turbine Data Manager still wont
work.
When I click on users or try to add an entry I get an error.
This is the error I get when I try to add an entry:
[Tue Jan 08 22:29:28 CET 2002] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException: null
[Tue Jan 08 22:29:28 CET 2002] -- ERROR --
        Exception:  java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  ExecAppend: Fail to add null value in not
null attribute rdf_id

        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Unknown Source)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.workingdogs.village.Record.saveWithInsert(Record.java:328)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Record.java:185)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Record.save(Record.java:166)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord(BasePeer.java:8
60)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:764)
        at
org.mycompany.newapp.om.BaseRdfPeer.doInsert(BaseRdfPeer.java:130)
        at
org.mycompany.newapp.om.BaseRdfPeer.doInsert(BaseRdfPeer.java:353)
        at org.mycompany.newapp.om.BaseRdf.save(BaseRdf.java:270)
        at org.mycompany.newapp.om.BaseRdf.save(BaseRdf.java:240)
        at org.mycompany.newapp.om.BaseRdf.save(BaseRdf.java:226)
        at
org.mycompany.newapp.modules.actions.SQL.doInsert(SQL.java:87)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.executeEvents(Veloc
ityActionEvent.java:166)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.velocity.VelocityActionEvent.perform(VelocityAct
ionEvent.java:114)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.perform(VelocityAction
.java:114)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocitySecureAction.perform(Velocity
SecureAction.java:100)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:14
3)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:447)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:537)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
        at
erChain.java:193)
        at
e.java:255)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
e.java:225)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:225
2)
        at
:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:446
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
java:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.ja
va:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.j
ava:875)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:
952)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

and this is what I get when i click users:
[Tue Jan 08 22:29:05 CET 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity
template: screens/user/FluxUserList.vm: Invocation of method 'getUsers'
in  class org.apache.turbine.flux.tools.FluxTool threw exception class
org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException
[Tue Jan 08 22:29:05 CET 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity
template: screens/user/FluxUserList.vm: Error rendering Velocity
template: screens/user/FluxUserList.vm: Invocation of method 'getUsers'
in  class org.apache.turbine.flux.tools.FluxTool threw exception class
org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException

Hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Jacob Vennervald Madsen
Mobile System Developer

GoPinocchio
Norrebrogade 45
DK-2200 Copenhagen
www.gopinocchio.com
+45 26750106

Re: Turbine TDK on linux and postgres

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Colm McCartan wrote:

> Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:
>
>> Hi List
>>
>> I've been trying to set up Turbine TDK on a linux RedHat 7.2 machine
>> with postgresql installed.
>> I've tried to follow the postgresql-HOWTO and I've tried to search the
>> archives of this mailing list but the Turbine Data Manager still wont
>> work.
>

> Here it seems that postgres is disallowing the insert of a null value
> into a NOT NULL column - I have had similar problems with the primary
> key code although I thought at least the newapp bundled with the TDK
> was working. Make sure that the database xml schema is properly
> specified to set up this column as autoincrement and with the
> appropriate idMethod.
>
> Some people in the archives have mentioned that 2.2b has better
> postgres support but I can't get anyone to confirm this.

i never tested 2.1 with postgres but i'm testing the decoupled torque
with postgres and it works!
i'm not sure about the stuff in turbine-2 repo because most of the fixes
for torque go to the decoupled package now ... so if it doesn't work
you'll have to wait for turbine-2 using the decoupled torque (this
should work within the next month) ... or move the changes back to the
turbine-2 repo (don't forget to send diffs to the list ;-)

also make sure to use the latest postgres jdbc driver!!! this solved
some problems for me ...

martin

Re: Turbine TDK on linux and postgres

Posted by Colm McCartan <co...@owl.co.uk>.

Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:

> Hi List
>
> I've been trying to set up Turbine TDK on a linux RedHat 7.2 machine
> with postgresql installed.
> I've tried to follow the postgresql-HOWTO and I've tried to search the
> archives of this mailing list but the Turbine Data Manager still wont
> work.

Jacob, as far as I can tell, postgres support has lots of small problems
  and it is hard to get a response to postgres queries on the list- to
be fair, the turbine site does state that the code is not 100% ready for
postgres.