Posted to user@commons.apache.org by mc...@gmx.net on 2004/05/08 21:13:19 UTC

[daemon] difference between tomcat & procrun

Hi,

working through the documentation of the commons-daemon package and the
comomns-user+dev mailing list in order to find a simple example for
comomns-user+starting services under windows (XP), I hit upon 2
ambivalent(?) procedures:

1st: using procrun to start a service
and
2nd: using tomcat to start a service.

the question: is tomcat=procrun? I could not manage to find an answer -
either in the jakarta commons docs and api, nor in the
tomcat-documentations.

I hope someone can give me a hint about this.

Best regards,
Henrik H.

btw:
Is there any documentation about the possible parameters to be used for
tomcat/procrun?