Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/14 15:13:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

I have placed the signed Synapse 1.1.1 release candidate builds here:

http://people.apache.org/~asankha/builds/synapse/1.1.1-RC1/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Easankha/builds/synapse/1.1.1-RC1/>

Please vote :
--------------------------8<--------------------------------
[ ] +1 Release these artifacts as Synapse 1.1.1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1 Do not release - with reasons!

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Oleg

Its great to see the HttpCore 4.0-beta1-preview being available now, and
I will test the code with it. If we can get HttpCore 4.0-beta-1 out in
time, I'm happy to delay the release

thanks
asankha

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Oleg
> Sorry about the delay with the release. The official release artifacts
> should now be available in the Maven repository.

No problem at all.. I actually used the ones from your site (~/olegk)
and have now built and uploaded the final Synapse artifacts.. as soon as
the HttpComponents vote closes, I will call for the vote on Synapse on these

thanks
asankha

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 23:06 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > > >

> > > Sure, I will check this right away, and let you know
> > >
> I checked the latest revision of HttpComponenets trunk 613136, but it
> built as :
>     httpcore-nio-4.0-alpha7-609527.jar and
> httpcore-4.0-alpha7-609527.jar
>
> I am not sure of the differences in the version numbers above, but
> this code works fine for Synapse and the suspend / resume works well
> too. So I am ok for this to be released from the Synapse point of view
>
> Many thanks
> asankha

Asankha et al

Sorry about the delay with the release. The official release artifacts
should now be available in the Maven repository.

Cheers,

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 21:28 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > The release got delayed because of problems discovered while testing the
> > pre-release packages on multi-core Windows boxes. The main problem was
> > in the listener endpoint management code (such as ability to suspend and
> > resume NIO listeners) added mainly to serve the needs of Synapse. So,
> > the problem would surely impact Synapse.
> >
> I am sorry if this was caused by the code I checked into HttpComponents
> for suspend and resume.. :-(

Asankha,

No problem of what so ever. I made exactly the same mistake. Besides I
was a reviewer of your code.

Asynchronous I/O is difficult and problems like that are to be
expected.

Cheers

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Oleg

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 10:16 +0100, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:54 +0000, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Oleg
> >
> > I'm +1 on waiting for the beta1 release. What is the timeline you have planned?
> >

> Hi Paul
>
> I am still blocked waiting for someone to review the pre-release
> packages, but I hope we manage to wrap it all up by Sunday the latest.
>
> Cheers
>
> Oleg

Folks,

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Synapse 1.1.1

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Oleg

I'm +1 on waiting for the beta1 release. What is the timeline you have planned?

Thanks
Paul

On Jan 14, 2008 2:40 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Asankha,
>
> Is there any change the release could be delayed for a week, so it could
> depend on the official HttpCore beta1 release instead of a snapshot? I
> was not aware that there was not going to be a RC2 before the 1.1.1
> final.
>
> Oleg
>

> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 19:43 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> > I have placed the signed Synapse 1.1.1 release candidate builds here:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~asankha/builds/synapse/1.1.1-RC1/
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Easankha/builds/synapse/1.1.1-RC1/>
> >
> > Please vote :
> > --------------------------8<--------------------------------
> > [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as Synapse 1.1.1
> > [ ]  0
> > [ ] -1 Do not release - with reasons!

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair