Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/03/06 20:37:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r634385 - in /xmlgraphics/commons/trunk: src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/image/loader/impl/AbstractImagePreloader.java status.xml

What do you guys think? Do we need to do an immediate bugfix release for
this? The error only happens if you have an image file that is less than
88 bytes (the size of an EMF header). I think this is a rather rare case
and work-arounds are possible (like adding some metadata to a PNG image
in a bitmap editor).

On 06.03.2008 20:24:19 jeremias wrote:
> Author: jeremias
> Date: Thu Mar  6 11:24:17 2008
> New Revision: 634385

> Log:
> Bugfix for EOFException when pre-loading very small PNG images.
>
> Modified:
>     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/image/loader/impl/AbstractImagePreloader.java
>     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/status.xml

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> What do you guys think? Do we need to do an immediate bugfix release for
> this? The error only happens if you have an image file that is less than
> 88 bytes (the size of an EMF header). I think this is a rather rare case
> and work-arounds are possible (like adding some metadata to a PNG image
> in a bitmap editor).

I suggest to make a bugfix 1.3.1 release at the same time as the stable
release of FOP. Other bugs might be discovered meanwhile.

> On 06.03.2008 20:24:19 jeremias wrote:
>> Author: jeremias
>> Date: Thu Mar  6 11:24:17 2008
>> New Revision: 634385

>> Log:
>> Bugfix for EOFException when pre-loading very small PNG images.
>>
>> Modified:
>>     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/image/loader/impl/AbstractImagePreloader.java
>>     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/status.xml
>>
> <snip/>
>

> Jeremias Maerki

Vincent

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Too late. :-) The relase is already published. But the bugfix release
wouldn't be so much work anyway. And it's about the same effort either
way. I agree with Vincent's proposal to wait just a little bit.

On 07.03.2008 13:45:43 Max Berger wrote:
> Jeremias,
>
> even though the original vote passed - if it is not "officially"
> released yet (e.g. on the website and mirrors), would it be possible /
> feasible to redraw the release and re-vote (although this would mean
> more work)?
>
> Max
>
> On Don, 2008-03-06 at 20:37 +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > What do you guys think? Do we need to do an immediate bugfix release for
> > this? The error only happens if you have an image file that is less than
> > 88 bytes (the size of an EMF header). I think this is a rather rare case
> > and work-arounds are possible (like adding some metadata to a PNG image
> > in a bitmap editor).
> >
> > On 06.03.2008 20:24:19 jeremias wrote:
> > > Author: jeremias
> > > Date: Thu Mar  6 11:24:17 2008
> > > New Revision: 634385

> > > Log:
> > > Bugfix for EOFException when pre-loading very small PNG images.
> > >
> > > Modified:
> > >     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/image/loader/impl/AbstractImagePreloader.java
> > >     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/status.xml
> > >
> > <snip/>
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

> mfG
>
> Max Berger
> e-mail: max@berger.name
>
> --
> OpenPG ID: E81592BC   Print: F489F8759D4132923EC4 BC7E072AB73AE81592BC
> For information about me and my work please see http://max.berger.name

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name>.
Jeremias,

even though the original vote passed - if it is not "officially"
released yet (e.g. on the website and mirrors), would it be possible /
feasible to redraw the release and re-vote (although this would mean
more work)?

Max

On Don, 2008-03-06 at 20:37 +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> What do you guys think? Do we need to do an immediate bugfix release for
> this? The error only happens if you have an image file that is less than
> 88 bytes (the size of an EMF header). I think this is a rather rare case
> and work-arounds are possible (like adding some metadata to a PNG image
> in a bitmap editor).
>
> On 06.03.2008 20:24:19 jeremias wrote:
> > Author: jeremias
> > Date: Thu Mar  6 11:24:17 2008
> > New Revision: 634385

> > Log:
> > Bugfix for EOFException when pre-loading very small PNG images.
> >
> > Modified:
> >     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/image/loader/impl/AbstractImagePreloader.java
> >     xmlgraphics/commons/trunk/status.xml
> >
> <snip/>
>

> Jeremias Maerki

mfG