Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 04:25:30 UTC

Re: Problem with Open Office: printed page not like onscreen page

I would really love if someone could help with this:

I drafted a 6 page document and when I printed it, the print on each page actually ran off the page, by about 1/4.
I ended up re-formatting the pages so that the page was only filled down 2/3 of the page, but it’s a imprecise and a pain.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem so it prints like it looks on the original pages?

Thanks!

 Robyn
Robyn Jamison, m.f.a.
artist
512.443.5522
http://www.RobynJamison.com
Bring art to life!

Re: Asking Open Office Handbook

Posted by Setiadjit DS <se...@romindo-factory.net>.
Yes yes yes;  Thanks Alexandro;
Salute

Posted by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com>.
Super! Thank you!

Robyn
On Mar 20, 2013, at 12:05 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

There are some free and some commercial books on OpenOffice and specially base.
http://www.amazon.com/Database-Programming-OpenOffice-org-Base-Basic/dp/0557007585
also a wikibook on wikipedia
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org/Base

Here is a gettings started guide:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/w/images/3/3c/0108GS33-GettingStartedWithBase.pdf

A video tutorial can be found on ShowMeDo:
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/series?name=AXggL6j0a

On 3/18/13, Setiadjit DS <se...@romindo-factory.net> wrote:
> Dear all;
>
> I need help can anyone have a handbook specifically Open Office Database
> module. I tried to find in Indonesia but failed to find in Indonesia.
> If anyone have it or buy it on my behalf and send it to me later I will
> change the price of books plus shipping.
>
> Regards;
>
> --
> Setiadjit DS
> Plant Manager
> PT. Romindo Primavetcom
> Factory:  Jl. Jababeka III-D No. 18R Cikarang Bekasi 17530
> Telp. +62-21-8934846, +62-21-8935011
> Fax. +62-21-8934872
> HP +62-8787-087-2646
> ISO 9001:2008 SGD ID07:0839

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Asking Open Office Handbook

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 03/12/2013 11:41 AM, johnny smith wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 03:54:10 -0000, Martin Groenescheij
> <Ma...@groenescheij.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/03/2013 2:25 PM, Robyn Jamison wrote:
>>
>>> I drafted a 6 page document and when I printed it, the print on each
>>> page actually ran off the page, by about 1/4.
>>> I ended up re-formatting the pages so that the page was only filled
>>> down 2/3 of the page, but it’s a imprecise and a pain.
>
> the problem may be with the printer, not with openoffice. just test
> this by printing the document from any other application, e.g. export
> it to pdf and print via your pdf reader.
Another possibility: look and see what paper size you have set up. If
you are in the US, you need "Letter."

--doug

Re: Problem with Open Office: printed page not like onscreen page

Posted by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Doug, but it prints everything else perfectly.
Any other ideas?
Robyn

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
There is not a lot of information you supply, so all we could do is give
some guidelines.

First thing you could do is to check if you have the following settings
applied:
Go to: Tools --> Options --> OpenOffice.org --> Print and activate all
check boxes in the Warning section.
Second you should compare Printer settings and Page size.
Go to: Format --> Page and check your page size and Margins etc.
Also the Header and footer settings could have an impact.