Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bhathiya Mihiran <bh...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/15 06:46:37 UTC

Looking for guidance to contribute Cordova

Hello,
I'm Bhathiya Mihiran, a final year undergraduate student pursuing BSc in
Information Systems from University of Colombo School of Computing who
interested to do GSOC.  I have some experience in mobile app development
and web application development
I went through some projects of apache and I found interested in Apache
Cordova as it related to my technical stack. Therefore I decided to
contribute to the Cordova.
So I would like to request for guidance to contribute for the Cordova.
Thank you!!

Re: Looking for guidance to contribute Cordova

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Welcome to the cordova dev list.

I don’t think any Cordova PMC applied to GSOC to be a mentor, so if Apache
appears as organization is probably from other projects. Not sure if people
from other projects can be mentors for Cordova.

But you don’t need to be on GSOC to contribute to Cordova, you can just
start contributing by sending pull request to any of the Cordova
repositories (https://github.com/apache?utf8=✓&q=cordova-)
You can check the contribution guidelines here
https://cordova.apache.org/contribute/contribute_guidelines.html

Even if you don’t have a dedicated mentor, you can ask any question here on
the dev list and we will try to help you.