Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/10/13 16:51:08 UTC

adding xmlbeans

(after a fair amount of trial and error) i think that i've got a working
project descriptor for xmlbeans. what's the preferred protocol: should i
send a patch to the list or just commit it (IIRC everyone at jakarta now
has karma, right?) or...?

- robert

8 hour CVS update (was Re: adding xmlbeans)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> started to build but will do so soon (for some reason
> gump.covalent.net takes eight hours for a complete CVS up).

My guess is SF.net CVS ... I am looking at dotnot.org and LSD and seeing CVS
hangs.

regards

Adam

Re: adding xmlbeans

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> it's in.

Yes, looks good (at least Gump doesn't complain about anything).

> i suppose that i'll have to wait a few hours to see if it works..  .

I can tell you in about twelve hours, gump.covalent.net in about 20, I
guess.  Look for a server running in a timezone that has not yet
started to build but will do so soon (for some reason
gump.covalent.net takes eight hours for a complete CVS up).

Stefan

Re: adding xmlbeans

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 04:29 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> once i've committed project/xml-xmlbeans.xml, i think need to patch
>> profile/gump.xml so that the standard gump run the new project. is
>> this correct?
>
> Yes.

it's in. i suppose that i'll have to wait a few hours to see if it works..
.

- robert

Re: adding xmlbeans

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> once i've committed project/xml-xmlbeans.xml, i think need to patch
> profile/gump.xml so that the standard gump run the new project. is
> this correct?

Yes.

Stefan

Re: adding xmlbeans

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 04:11 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

<snip>

> For me you can commit away, we can always sort out problems when they
> occur.  I'd love to see more people modify project descriptors
> themselves.

cool.

Re: adding xmlbeans

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> what's the preferred protocol: should i send a patch to the list or
> just commit it

step one, use the "correct" list ;-) gump@jakarta instead of
alexandria-dev.

For me you can commit away, we can always sort out problems when they
occur.  I'd love to see more people modify project descriptors
themselves.

> (IIRC everyone at jakarta now has karma, right?) or...?

everyone at Apache.

Stefan