Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/02 09:45:54 UTC

Re: mahout command seq2sparse

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM, qiaoresearcher
<qi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Andrew Musselman and Suneel Marthi,
>
> Thank you two and I really appreciate it! Wish you two very successful in
> your company!
>
> I was wondering is there any documentation or tutorial which can go through
> how the Hadoop is written, not like the definition guide one.
> For example, from the very beginning when we run start-all.sh to setup
> Hadoop till the Hadoop is ready to run MapReduce jobs.

Hi ,
I think Hadoop official website provides everything you need here.

Assuming you are using Hadoop 1.2.1 stable release(since Mahout does not
support Hadoop 2.x yet), [1] would guide you to configure your Hadoop
installation.

[1] http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/index.html

> is it possible to debug the every step from the very beginning to the end?
>
> When you have a Java program, you can know exactly every step by debug it
> in Java IDE. Is it possible to debug every step in Hadoop from
> start-all.sh, or even format namenode, till the end of some Mapreduce job?

What you are asking is not so clear to me,

however you can format namenode using $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop namenode
-format
Please make sure that you stop your Hadoop servers before formatting
namenode. ($HADOOP_HOME/bin/.stop-all.sh)

If you want to find more details related to Hadoop implementation, Hadoop
mailing list would be the perfect place to get guidance.

> Any suggestion or guidance will be deeply appreciated.
>
> Hope this helps,
Regards

--
M.P. Tharindu Rusira Kumara