Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by arockia <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/22 01:33:02 UTC

Artemis Release 2.13.0 Not updated

How long does it to take the official release page to get update about the
latest release?

I see 2.13.0 got updated in github
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/releases, but not updated in
official release page and the installable are not available.

Thanks
Arockia

Re: Artemis Release 2.13.0 Not updated

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the tags or releases on GitHub.  As far as
I can tell the release is created automatically in response to the tag
being created and creating the tag is the first step in the release
process. After the tag is created a candidate release is created from that
tag, staged, and a community vote is initiated on the dev mailing list. The
vote is open for 3 business days or so. If the vote passes then the
candidate release is promoted and distributed to all the Apache download
mirrors. Once all the mirrors are updated (takes a day or so typically)
then the website is updated and an announcement is sent to the dev and user
mailing lists. Sometimes the release manager might not be 100% on top of
all the steps so it might take another day or so. In this particular case
for the 2.13.0 release there was some delay due to scheduled maintenance on
Apache infrastructure.

If you want to keep tabs on what's happening related to releases I
recommend you subscribe to the dev mailing list [1].

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/contact/#mailing