Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wai <bz...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 21:05:14 UTC

Browse Catalogs/Categories tree change request.

Hello All,

Currently, when a user clicks on a catalog entry in the "Browse
Catalogs/Categories" tree.  The appropriate edit catalog page is shown.  The
issue is that the url at the browser address bar remains unchanged after the
interaction.

Doing some research, I found that when a user clicks on the tree entry, an
ajax request for EditProdCatalogAjax was triggered.
At first I thought it was a simple matter to modify the EditProdCatalogAjax
request-map with the following.  But that did not work as it ended up
showing the target page within the previous page (ie. the entire target page
inside <div id="content-main-section" class="leftonly"> of the previous
page).

<response name="success" type="request-redirect" value="EditProdCatalog">
    <redirect-parameter name="prodCatalogId"/>
</response>

I don't understand why clicking on a catalog tree entry should result in an
ajax call.  Wouldn't it be better for each tree entry to be a simple link to
the appropriate target page.  Unless it was created this way to serve
another purpose that I've yet to encounter.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

tia,
Wai

Re: Browse Catalogs/Categories tree change request.

Posted by Wai <bz...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Anyone with knowledge on the "Browse Catalogs/Categories" tree care to give
some insight?

Thanks,
Wai