Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> on 2005/09/05 14:06:13 UTC

LDAP Product Matrix provided by the Open Group

Hi all!

The LDAP Product Matrix provided by the Open Group lists commercial and
open source products that use the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.

This is just to inform you that now the matrix lists Apache Directory
Server as well.

http://www.opengroup.org/directory/info/matrix.htm

Greetings from sunny Hamburg, Stefan

Re: LDAP Product Matrix provided by the Open Group

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing out the Open Group matrix.  Since we ship with
>> Kerberos, it would be nice to also be listed with a bullet-point in
>> the "IdM" column, since the description for IdM includes "Single
>> Sign-On."  Is this something you can facilitate with the Open Group or
>> perhaps provide a recommended contact for me?
>>
> Recommended contact at the Open Group is Chris Harding, he is very
> helpful. You find his E-Mail on the matrix website. Just click on the
> "the Forum Director of the DIF" link -- sounds like "The Wizard of OZ" ;-)

Thank you.  I have emailed Chris Harding.

Enrique

Re: LDAP Product Matrix provided by the Open Group

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi, Stefan,

Hi Enrique,
> Thanks for pointing out the Open Group matrix.  Since we ship with
> Kerberos, it would be nice to also be listed with a bullet-point in
> the "IdM" column, since the description for IdM includes "Single
> Sign-On."  Is this something you can facilitate with the Open Group or
> perhaps provide a recommended contact for me?

Recommended contact at the Open Group is Chris Harding, he is very
helpful. You find his E-Mail on the matrix website. Just click on the
"the Forum Director of the DIF" link -- sounds like "The Wizard of OZ" ;-)

Please send him a short sentence about our Kerberos functionality, which
he may use as information in the fancy blue box hovering over the new
IdM bullet-point. You will probably do a better job here than me (e.g.
your sentence will be correct).

For the first recording of the ASF in the Open Group list (including the
Directory bullet and its description) I have forwarded an approval by
Alex to Chris. I do not really know, how much bureaucracy they have at
the Open Group. It will probably do if you say you are a committer,
perhaps with Alex on carbon copy.

Greetings,

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Stefan,

Thanks for pointing out the Open Group matrix.  Since we ship with
Kerberos, it would be nice to also be listed with a bullet-point in
the "IdM" column, since the description for IdM includes "Single
Sign-On."  Is this something you can facilitate with the Open Group or
perhaps provide a recommended contact for me?

Thanks!

Enrique