Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Dave Beaumont <da...@connectedlearning.co.uk> on 2002/03/11 21:51:01 UTC

namespace for xsltc:output ?

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Xalan, having just moved to it from Saxon in order to use
the translet compiler, and am trying to compile an xsl file that uses output
file redirection. The release notes say that redirect:write is not supported
in xsltc, but that "Output can be redirected to a file using the
<xsltc:output> element".

When I try to compile the trial script below I get the error "Unrecognised
XSLTC extension 'xsltc:output' " which I suspect may be because I'm using a
wrong namespace declaration. I'd be grateful if anyone can help with this.

------------------------------
version="1.0"
xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
xmlns:xsltc="org.apache.xalan.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC"
extension-element-prefixes="xsltc">

	<xsl:template match="doc">
		<xsltc:output file="redirect_test.htm">
			<xsl:value-of select="."/>
		</xsltc:output>
	</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
------------------------------

Thanks,
Dave Beaumont

RE: namespace for xsltc:output ?

Posted by Dave Beaumont <da...@connectedlearning.co.uk>.
Thanks Gene - I can get this kind of thing to work in a straight xsl file,
but not when I try to compile the xsl file into a java translet using the
XSLTC Compiler (documented at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html ).

The translet compiler doesn't seem to support the redirect:write extension,
but there is a brief mention of the xsltc:output element at
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_constraints.html#xsltcconf . It seems to
have been a recent addition and doesn't have namespace info or egs of use.

Dave Beaumont
Connected Learning Ltd

Posted by Gene Roske <Ge...@Computer.org>.
Dave -