Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Vinay <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 05:45:24 UTC

Open Dialog box

Hi Lou

Thanks for your mail, I was trying all possible ways to traverse to other
partition and external drives. I can find the drives in the root/media dir.
But its totally different from the 3.2 release. And very inconvenient to go
to the /media to find your drives.

Whereas if we have a tree view like in 3.2, the list of drives and other
partition to the left side of the open dialog box, its much easier to find
drives. what do you think ?

I haven't reported this as bug yet.

Regards
Vinay

Re: Open Dialog box

Posted by lou ql <lo...@gmail.com>.
Do you try both the open dialgos I mentioned?

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Vinay <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lou
>
> Thanks for your mail, I was trying all possible ways to traverse to other
> partition and external drives. I can find the drives in the root/media dir.
> But its totally different from the 3.2 release. And very inconvenient to go
> to the /media to find your drives.

This is the behavior of openoffice open dialog, which can be enabled by
checking on  "Use Openoffice.org dialogs" from
Tools->Options->Openoffce.org->General->Open/Save dialogs

> Whereas if we have a tree view like in 3.2, the list of drives and other
> partition to the left side of the open dialog box,

I try on Ubuntu against 3.2,  there are also two types of open dialogs, the
same as aoo 3.4.1. That you described sounds like the operation system
provided open dialog, which can be enabled by unchecking the "Use
OpenOffice.org dialogs" from
Tools->Options->Openoffce.org->General->Open/Save dialogs

> its much easier to find
> drives. what do you think ?

Yes, the OS provided one is much easier to be used.

But the openoffice open/save dialog is also usful.

As I know, openoffice can open a document via a URL.  Via openoffice open
dialog, you can just enter the URL into the File name field and then click
open button, the file on the remote server can be loaded into openoffice.
But if using the OS provided open dialog, how can you do this?