Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/10/25 18:42:29 UTC

A kubernetes service need to be registered for each transport

Hi,

Currently we only register one kubernetes service when containers are
spawned and we do not specify the container port in the kubernetes service.

IMO we need to create a kubernets service (in service proxy) for each
transport defined in the cartridge definition and also specify the
container port of the transport.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: A kubernetes service need to be registered for each transport

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've committed the tentative implementation to STRATOS-910 branch.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
I'm currently testing the patch with the help of Raj since I do not have a
setup at the moment and I have some n/w issues when creating one.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Nirmal: Please update when you are done with this.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 7:46 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Great, thanks Nirmal!
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've implemented this and in the process of testing.
>>>
>>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com

>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Nirmal
>>>
>>> Nirmal Fernando.
>>> PPMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos,
>>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>>
>>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Technical Lead, WSO2

> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great, thanks Nirmal!

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've created a Jira for this

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think we need a Kubernetes service proxy for each
container(cartridge) port.

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we only register one kubernetes service when containers are
> spawned and we do not specify the container port in the kubernetes service.
>
> IMO we need to create a kubernets service (in service proxy) for each
> transport defined in the cartridge definition and also specify the
> container port of the transport.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne