Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by shadab khan <ca...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/10/06 10:19:31 UTC

repetition of document while indexing..................

When i am indexing a document which i already have indexed, it is creating a different index for that. Therefore when i am going to search for a particular field. it is showing the result for these two documents.
Now my problem is that how to control that repetition of data????
Hoping for your help..

with regards,
shadab

Re: repetition of document while indexing..................

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
This is a question for java-user@ list, not java-dev@

Hello Shadab,

You need to make your application perform the "primary key"-like logic.
 It can, for instance, look in the index first, before adding a
document, using a field designated to be the PK.  If it finds an
existing document, delete it before re-adding it.

Otis