Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Nugent, Rob" <Ro...@nttdata.com> on 2021/10/15 09:13:58 UTC

Disabling retries with AXIS2/J 1.8.0

Hello All,

Prior to Axis2/J 1.8.0, I have been using the technique described at the following URL to disable retries with the Axis client:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2211578/axis2-how-to-set-connection-retry

Now, this technique uses classes (e.g. HttpMethodParams) that are part of Apache Commons HttpClient 3.x. So this technique doesn't work with Axis2/J 1.8.0.

Does anyone know how to disable retries with Axis2/J 1.8.0 please ? I've dug quite deep into this, including into the Axis source code, but there isn't an obvious way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Nugent | Software Development
rob.nugent@nttdata.com<ma...@nttdata.com>
NTT DATA | nttdataservices.com | @nttdataservices
Consulting | Industry Solutions | Cloud & Digital Services
NTT DATA Services UK Limited

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding.

RE: Disabling retries with AXIS2/J 1.8.0

Posted by "Nugent, Rob" <Ro...@nttdata.com>.
Robert,

Many thanks for the reply – I’ll see if I can give that a go. I’d looked at HTTPSenderImpl before raising this query, so that makes sense to me.

Thanks again,
Rob

Robert Nugent | Software Development | NTT DATA
NTT DATA Services UK Limited

Posted by robertlazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.