Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/22 22:34:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Cactus 1.8.1 (Third attempt)

Hi guys,

here is another attempt to release Cactus 1.8.1

As promised I made a new tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/tags/1.8.1-rc3/

and the artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~ptahchiev/1.8.1-rc3/

Please cast you vote.
Here is mine:

+1

The vote is open 72 hrs.

Thanks

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

EOOXML objections
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

Public PGP Key at:
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1A15B53B761500F9
Key Fingerprint: AA16 8004 AADD 9C76 EF5B  4210 1A15 B53B 7615 00F9

Re: [VOTE] Release Cactus 1.8.1 (Third attempt)

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
The cactus project
should be able to build and test fine with Java 1.4.
Something more, the archived that I have uploaded were
build with Java 1.4.
However, depending on certain conditions (like whether you
use Cactus in conjuction with JUnit4) it may require
Java5+.

I think the vote passed with three +1s after 72 hrs,
so I will go on and make the release tonight.

Thanks, Petar.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:50 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/01/2009, Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> wrote:
>> MD5 good.
>>
>>  Bit bemused by the following line for JUnit. Wondering why it's
>>  relevant, but not a blocker:
>>
>>  "and is not maintained by Object Mentor."
>>
>>  Build of the samples/ in the bin zip with .m2/repository removed: Succeeds.
>>
>>  Build of all the source with .m2/repository removed:   I accidentally
>>  did it under JDK 1.4 and got errors against the EJB jar. Retried with
>>  1.5 and it succeeds.
>
> Huh?
>
> It builds and tests fine for me using Java 1.4.
> What errors did you get?
>
> If the release does require 1.5+, then that needs to be in the POM and
> release notes etc...

Sorry - home has been a house of ill children and ill parents for the
last couple of days.

The error was that a dependency on an EJB jar complained about v49 of
the classes found therein.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Release Cactus 1.8.1 (Third attempt)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
MD5 good.