Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anen Wu <bu...@hotpop.com> on 2002/09/05 10:43:42 UTC

struts tags can not be displayed using tiles:insert

Hello,

is there anyone can help ?

I have created 2 jsp files. Just name the first :  display.jsp , which contains some struts tags, and second page named :  index.jsp.

Inside index.jsp, contains :
<% templateName = "display.jsp" ; %>
<tiles:insert page="<%= templateName %>" flush="true"/>

When I called the index.jsp, all normal HTML elements are displayed, but why, all my struts tags could not be displayed ?

Any param i have to set ?

pls help

Anen

Re: struts tags can not be displayed using tiles:insert

Posted by Anen Wu <bu...@hotpop.com>.
Hi Cedric,

It works ! : )
Thanks a lot for your help.

I have spent most time try to stick on struts template, however, looks like
Tiles really helps much more and easy to do, thanks...thanks...thanks...

Regards,

Anen

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

Anen Wu wrote:

>Hi Cedric,
>
>I have put those taglib declarations on every page using Tiles and Struts.
>For your information, I am using Struts 1.0.2 with Tiles for struts 1.0
>
>Since my jsp (included Struts Tag) does not use any Tiles Definition, I
>don't think I need to set up anything inside web.xml , do I ?

  You need to put struts declaration and taglib declaration in web.xml.
  Specify ActionServlet if you don't use definitions. Specify
ComponentActionServlet if you use definition and Struts1.0.x.
  Appropriate taglib tld should be present and located according to the
taglib declarations.
  There is one blank file for Tiles and Struts in Tiles distribution.

>I have also tried to install your "tiles-blank-struts1-0" war application
>(Blank Site Example) , it s working fine, but if I tried to put some Struts
>Tag, it also can not be displayed.
>
>Btw, what's the use of "controllerUrl" and "controllerClass" attributes
>inside "insert" tag ?

  This attribute are used to specify an action or controller to be call
before the Tiles is rendered. The controller can fetch the data for the
Tiles.

>Do I need to set up anything to make Tiles intelligent enough to ask Struts
>to render the page first before display it ?

  No. But you have to initialize struts properly ;-)

>Any Tiles sample with Struts Tag could be really helpfull for me.
>
>Thanks a lot for this innovative open source !
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Anen

  Cedric

Re: struts tags can not be displayed using tiles:insert

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.