Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 14:14:20 UTC

Minor release (0.7.1) for Arrow this week

hi folks,

We just fixed a bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1601)
causing some crashes for users. There is another bug fix ARROW-1606
impacting thirdparty builds / packaging. Based on these, I would like
to cut a release candidate for a 0.7.1 minor release later today and
start a vote.

There have been a couple of minor new features merged since 0.7.0, but
the rest of the patches have been bug fixes. If there are no
objections, I will base the RC on master rather than preparing a
backports branch.

Thanks
Wes

Re: Minor release for Parquet C++ (1.3.1) based the Arrow bugfix (0.7.1) this week

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Also we seem to have a bug that we cannot write DictionaryArrays of NullType in the write path. They occur when you convert a Pandas Series of all-None to categorical and then try to write them to Parquet. I can take care of that on Thursday.

Uwe

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Hello,