Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/05/17 00:00:46 UTC

Building the reports

Right now if I try to build the maven site from a subproject it fails
due to references to a template

Template file '...felix\tools\maven2\maven-bundle-plugin\src\site\maven-site.vm'
does not exist

Any interest if I refactor it to use site.xml to add the links (will
work in any subproject as it's deployed to the repo) and maven skins
for the css (do you realy need a custom css?)

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Building the reports

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On 5/18/07, Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> >> One question I have, btw, is do we create a site for each subproject,
> >> or one big site with all of them? Since probably each subproject will
> >> do a separate release, it might make sense to have a site per
> >> subproject (with subproject not necessarily mapping to one individual
> >> bundle, some subprojects have multiple bundles).
> > the site is generated for each module and then in the parent you can
> > do some aggregate stuff, the cool thing is that i don't have to build
> > the whole project to get a submodule report, which is cool for team
> > work.
>
> Is there a way to create a deeper hierarchy than only the project/
> submodule you describe now? I'm thinking of project/module/bundle.

maven uses the parent site location + artifactId

if you have A -> B -> C and A site is deployed to /site then
B goes to /site/B
C goes to /site/B/C

by default

Re: Building the reports

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

To be honest, I would love to use any CI server, but I don't think
> there is such a server at apache now.

There is a thing called Zones, which is actually something like a virtual
server. In such a such, we can setup a CI. We have a zone with Continuum
over in the Jackrabbit Project.

More information can be found here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

Regards
Felix

Re: Building the reports

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Carlos,

On May 17, 2007, at 6:15 , Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> so basically the maven site is not used at all
> I may give it a try then

Ok, thanks!

> I'd suggest you to use Continuum :D <selfpromotion> is the best CI
> server! </selfpromotion>

:)

Re: Building the reports

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
so basically the maven site is not used at all
I may give it a try then

I'd suggest you to use Continuum :D <selfpromotion> is the best CI
server! </selfpromotion>
All that you mention javadocs, source html, code coverage,... and all
the maven reports available can be generated with maven and continuum
just uses that, and then you can do it either in the command line or
in the CI

Re: Building the reports

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Carlos,

Re: Building the reports

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On May 16, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> Right now if I try to build the maven site from a subproject it fails
> due to references to a template
>
> Template file
> '...felix\tools\maven2\maven-bundle-plugin\src\site\maven-site.vm'
> does not exist
>
> Any interest if I refactor it to use site.xml to add the links (will
> work in any subproject as it's deployed to the repo) and maven skins
> for the css (do you realy need a custom css?)

I don't know anything about our site, but it sounds good to
me...perhaps you should wait to see what Marcel has to say...

-> richard