Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by smallufo <sm...@sinamail.com> on 2001/09/26 07:52:55 UTC

What's the differences between Cocoon and servlet+XSL ?

I tried Cocoon , followed the steps mentioned in "Java and XML".
Now , I can use servlet+XSL , and the result is the same ( except XSP ) .
Except for XSP (which I am not very appreciate , because I think it mix the logic with presentation . Well , maybe because I don't understand the essence of XSP ) ,
I don't know what is the difference between Cocoon and servlet+XSL  , can anybody explain it ?

Thank you.

RE: What's the differences between Cocoon and servlet+XSL ?

Posted by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com>.
Hi, this is the first time I send message to this mail list.

Recently, I'm exploring Jetspeed and Cocoon. To my understanding, the two
projects are focus on different things, Jetspeed is a portal platform that
focus on the organization each 'component' on web pages, while cocoon is a
web publishing framework that focus on dynamically build content from raw
data (xml) to different presentation formats. However, my question is,
Jetspeed got a xml presentation mechanism, so do Cocoon. Should we use them
together or should we pick only one?

In another word, could you please tell what's the differences between
Cocoon, Jetspeed and Servlet+XSL?

regards,
mingfai

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.