Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2017/07/08 06:06:17 UTC

Releasing 2.9

Another thing I would like to see, provided Remko or someone else has time, is to update the performance page on the web site to reflect current versions. I believe Logback has made some improvements and I would like to incorporate those. Tinylog has also asked us to include benchmarks. If the MemoryMapped stuff can be incorporated it might also be useful to include that.

Ralph

Re: Releasing 2.9

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> Another thing I would like to see, provided Remko or someone else has
> time, is to update the performance page on the web site to reflect current
> versions. I believe Logback has made some improvements and I would like to
> incorporate those.

WRT:

> Tinylog has also asked us to include benchmarks.

Then they can provide the info on their own site?

I'm not sure why we should make work for ourselves here for every logging
framework under the sun...

My 2c,
Gary

Re: Releasing 2.9

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Updating the performance page with the items you mentioned is on my todo
list but I doubt I'll be able to get to it in July or even August.

Performance testing, analyzing the results, redoing after finding I
measured the wrong thing:-) and finally doing a write up of the results
took me several weeks the last few times.   It may have to wait for 2.10.

Remko