Posted to users@maven.apache.org by matteosilv <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/06 10:29:43 UTC

Re: Copying dependencies (including reactor modules)

This is the exact same behavior i need to acomplish, but i can't do it after
package phase, because i need the dependencies (excluding the ones that are
projects in my multi-module build) in a specific folder in order to run a
development server.

It's pretty weird imho, that, when excluding a groupId, the plugin still
tries to download dependencies with that groupId, even if later it is going
to exclude them!

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: Copying dependencies (including reactor modules)

Posted by matteosilv <ma...@gmail.com>.
I don't need to build the reactor project, i just need the
maven-dependency-plugin, with the task dependency:copy-dependencies to
download in a specific folder, its dependencies, but only the external ones,
excluding other projects that may be in the reactor.

E.g.

A depends on EXT.1 EXT.2 and B

B depends on EXT.3 and

if i run the task on A but B was not installed before in the local repo, it
fails, even if i try to exclude B, because is going to check the transitive
dependencies of B, i suppose. I could try to exclude transitive
dependencies, but, even if it works,  this would exclude also transitive
dependencies of EXT.1 and EXT.2 that i need.

Posted by Mark Raynsford <or...@io7m.com.INVALID>.
'Ello.

On 2018-12-06T03:29:43 -0700
matteosilv <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the exact same behavior i need to acomplish, but i can't do it after
> package phase, because i need the dependencies (excluding the ones that are
> projects in my multi-module build) in a specific folder in order to run a
> development server.

As part of a test suite?

> It's pretty weird imho, that, when excluding a groupId, the plugin still
> tries to download dependencies with that groupId, even if later it is going
> to exclude them!

Which plugin are you referring to here?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com