Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2003/08/12 23:02:11 UTC

Hiring lucene developer.

Hey.

I am hoping no one considers this spam since this isn't coming from a
recruiter but a developer.   :)

My company is looking to hire someone with advanced Lucene (and
full-text search experience) for an Architect position.  I can provide
more details through private email.

If you are interested send me email directly ....  (or forward this if
you know of anyone).

Thanks~!

*Responsibilities:*

    * Help design and deploy architecture for while existing software is
      under development for release.
    * Work on performance optimization and maintenance of our hardware
      cluster.
    * Optimize datastore for maximum performance
    * Develop backend with Engineering.

*Required Skills:*

    * Linux (at least 3 years experience)
    * MySQL or Lucene (or another high-performance database system)
    * XFS and high performance filesystems (or optimization knowledge)
    * Full-text search technologies
    * Cluster architecture and hardware configuration and design (SCSI,
      Fibre Channel, high performance disk subsystems, etc)
    * Database design and optimization (at least 3 years experience)
    * Java (at least 2-3 years experience)
    * Tomcat, Servlet (JSP or similar templating system) experience
    * XML Technologies including RSS/Atom, XPath, XSLT, DOM, SAX
    * Experience working in a mission-criticial environment

*Desired Skills:*

    * SOAP/REST design experience
    * Familiarity with P2P system design
    * Cryptography including public key and message digest exposure.
    * Full understanding of HTTP
    * Demonstrated experience implementing innovative technologies
    * Experience with advanced search techniques (bayesian filtering,
      pagerank, trust metrics, etc)
    * Experience working with the Open Source community.