Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Elliot West <te...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/14 14:16:08 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveMetaStoreClientFactory

Hello,

I've been looking at Amazon's integration of their Glue service with Hive
in EMR and notice that they achieve this with:

   - An AWS Glue specific implementation of
   org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveMetaStoreClientFactory
   (com.amazonaws.glue.catalog.metastore.AWSGlueDataCatalogHiveClientFactory)
   - A configuration property to set the HMS client factory
   implementation: hive.metastore.client.factory.class

However, despite searching on https://github.com/apache/hive, I cannot find
the o.a.h.h.q.m.HMSCF class, or the configuration key anywhere in vanilla
Apache Hive even though the packaging suggests it is not an Amazon addition
specific to EMR. I do find a similar class in
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin however.

Can you tell me if this an Amazon specific construct or are my code
searching abilities failing me. If this has been added by Amazon to EMR
alone, are there any plans to add similar functionality back to the Apache
Hive project, and if so when?

I'd be keen to see relevant GitHub links, JIRAs, etc.

Cheers,

Elliot.