Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <gh...@crosswalk.com> on 2002/08/06 23:13:05 UTC

Build target

Can someone explain how the following target is building the printer docs?
I must be missing something.  The way I read that, only index.html should be
built.  I'm trying to track down how to best go about adding a printer
friendly link for the Cocoon site, and want to do it in a way compatible
with the current use in the build process.

Geoff Howard

  <!-- ===================================================================
-->
  <!-- Generate printer-friendly HTML docs
-->
  <!-- ===================================================================
-->
  <target name="printer-docs" depends="package, prepare-printer-docs,
printer-docs_check, printer-docs_done"
      unless="printer-docs.notrequired"
      description="Builds printer-friendly documentation">
    <mkdir dir="${build.docs.printer}"/>

    <java classname="org.apache.cocoon.Main" fork="true"
dir="${build.dir}/printer_documentation" failonerror="true">
      <arg value="-c."/>
      <arg value="-d../printer-docs"/>
      <arg value="-w../work-printer"/>
      <arg value="-l../work-printer/cocoon.log"/>
      <arg value="-uINFO"/>
      <arg value="index.html"/>
      <classpath>
        <path refid="classpath"/>
        <fileset dir="${build.dir}">
          <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
        <pathelement location="${tools.jar}"/>
        <pathelement location="${build.context}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
      </classpath>
    </java>
  </target>

Re: Build target

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, August 6, 2002, at 05:13  PM, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Can someone explain how the following target is building the printer
> docs?
> I must be missing something.  The way I read that, only index.html
> should be
> built.

The default command line behavior, unless otherwise specified (via
boolean values in -r or --followLinks flags), is to follow links. Thus,
with your build It's following the links and generating the other pages.
Have you checked out the sample pdf chapter (loaded with great stuff)
from Carsten and Matthew's book? It has detailed info on the command
line feature of C2. You can find it on the New Riders site (long link,
may break):

http://www.newriders.com/books/product.asp?product_id=
{C3C05052-BE3B-4E06-A60A-13FB40AF58F6}

You can also find info in org.apache.cocoon.Main.java.

-- Diana