Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2004/06/07 15:54:24 UTC

caching data in application server and EJB usage

I have a Oracle table that contains more than 10000 rows and this table is almost a read-only table -- meaning that our web application uses this table just for read purposes. Since accessing the data in this table is frequent, so we decided to do some sort of caching so that the performance is meet. We cache the data from this table to application server's memory. My question is that in this case can we use EJB somehow to achieve the same goal? We select this because caching the data in the memory is memory expensive and our system has some memory constraints.

Can you also discuss the pros and cons of using EJB and pure Java object caching (of data to application server).

Thanks for your answers.

Larry Zhang

RE: caching data in application server and EJB usage

Posted by Jose Ramon Diaz <jo...@aranzadi.es>.
And why don´t you cache it in Oracle?
Isn´t it enough?