Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ge...@ameritech.net on 2003/07/27 11:05:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Application to check for dead links etc.

I'm moving some (virtual) websites to a new machine.  The configuration
of these is rather complex and it's not a simple matter of copying the
config from one machine to another; the old box is running a very old
version of RH Secure Server and the new box is getting a plain apache
1.3.27 (but with SSL, CGIs, and other things), so several configuration
directives from the old system aren't portable to the new.

So to check out these sites, to see if everything is working properly,
I'd like to run some app on the new system to see if all the links show
up.  Because the web pages on both the old and new boxes must
(obviously) be the same but yet link to webpages on separate machines,
this app must also work on IP addresses rather than hostnames.  I was
thinking of something like a stripped down http client that would access
only those IP addresses I would specify.

Finally this application should be open source and run on Linux.

Anyone know of a package which meets these qualifications?

Thanks for your help.